Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New years and new resolutions

Every New Year's celebration seems to begin with resolutions. The resolutions seems to last no longer than it takes to make them...gyms are full those first few weeks and fresh veggies and fruits seem to fly off the shelves faster than they can be restocked.  Parents are patient.  Houses are cleaned.  Homemade meals and menus are made and held to...at least for awhile.

At least for awhile.

I had grand plans for starting my year off with a new word...one word to find in everyday situations to remind myself of things important...

Of course, I ate some cereal this morning (breakfast being the most important part of the day) and promptly got ill.
Stomach aches and smelly dogs

What a way to start 2019.


And my word is "gratitude"

of course

so...I am grateful...grateful I had cereal to eat that made my tummy hurt...grateful that my dogs can be outside for a little bit so they get stinky and can come inside my warm and snug little home and end up smelly. I am grateful that Bird is talking non-stop because I remember a time when we were told she might never talk. My ears may be bleeding now but there was a time when I was scared it never would happen. I love my snug little home and my sweet little Bird and my wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment